I found this tutorial on the internet once, and saved it. I hope to find the source again so that I can credit it.
So in love with it and on my mission to make what I can…..I attempted to make this today.
It was definitely not as easy as it looks. The biggest lesson I learnt was to use a bigger bowl and to ensure that I pour the chocolate so that its balanced all around otherwise it slowly starts tilting….scary when you see your efforts falling to the side.
But I tried it anyway and I was happy with my result…well mostly!
Here’s my tips for ensuring chocolate bowl success:
It’s fun to make yet tricky too so don’t be discouraged!
- Make sure you don’t blow the balloon up too full
- Coat the balloon with some Spray ‘n Cook
- Use cooking choc – I used Lindt but Callebaut is also good
- Ensure that you let it harden in fridge completely before pouring on the next layer.
- Use a squeezy bottle to pour the choc on
- Ensure that the choc is poured in a balanced way all the way around else the balloon will start tilting
And here is my attempt:
What do you think?